Standardization of Systems and Lab Results: Some Practical Guidance
grudnia 10, 2019
This webinar is presented by Jim Poggi, Principal, Physician Office Lab Expert, Tested Insights, LLC. Jim Poggi is a commercial professional in the lab business as a practitioner, sales professional, marketing and category director.
About this webinar
The information in this webinar is based on the speaker's real world experience and observations in the laboratory business. It explores challenges ranging from determining WHICH tests to standardize to advice on how to manage the diverse needs of clinical and laboratory stakeholders. It provides insight on how to effectively communicate to team members with different point of care testing needs and expectations.
The webinar also outlines a process to be considered in building a standardization program to satisfy these diverse stakeholder viewpoints. Managing innovation in a standardized environment can be tricky and some suggestions are offered to do so effectively. Finally, a list of questions you need to consider to guide your thoughts and actions in standardization is offered for your consideration.
About the speaker
Jim Poggi is a commercial professional in the lab business as a practitioner, sales professional, marketing and category director. He is a member of Repertoire Magazine editorial board, and is a peer reviewed author in hemoglobin A1C. Jim has key interests and expertise in LIS/EMR, clinical chemistry, immunochemistry and carbohydrate metabolism. He successfully developed a complete suite of moderate complexity lab products and launched it successfully into the primary care market.
Jim presents a continuing series of podcasts with Repertoire Magazine with a focus on point of care laboratory sales. He is a member of the Health Industry Distributor’s Association Educational Foundation.
Who should attend?
- Laboratory Administrators
- Medical Technologists
- 1. Discuss some test standardization criteria
- 2. Assess the impact of where they are performed on standardization considerations
- 3. Develop a systematic and process driven approach to managing the standardization process and stakeholders needs
- 4. Describe how to balance innovation versus the status quo to deliver value to patients and care givers while managing test selection and performance
- 5. Define a list of questions to help you challenge your assumptions and choices on standardization objectively